Friday, July 17, 2009

Black and White in Color- The Movie


I originally thought of this blog's title just as a play on words... Black and White in Color. My love of photography factored into it in addition to those awful colorizations of classic B&W movies they did in the 80's. Anyway, I was googling the title just seeing what would show up and low and behold there is a movie with the Exact Same Name! It seems to be a French film from 1977 that won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Film. It seems to be a comedy about the French trying to fight WWI in colonial Africa against the Germans. Odd setting for a comedy, but it's worth a look and now in my Netflix queue. Updates to come.

2 comments:

  1. I like your subtitle for your blog title...and what a happy coincidence about the french film! Can't wait to hear how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claudie!! I will be adding some new stuff soon. I moved the movie up on my Netflix queue now that I watched all of The Wire.

    ReplyDelete